3.04.2011

DIY Dessert Table on a Budget! Grocery Store Finds

Since it is Friday, I thought this cute DIY dessert table would be just the right kind of sweet to start the weekend.
You won’t believe it, but this diy grocery dessert table was made using only $40! This is the perfect example of how to create an exceptional dessert table on a budget without even having to open the oven.

Only $40 was spent to create this. Yes, $40!!

"I chose to venture into a DIY project that would satisfy my belly. I wanted to create a table on an affordable budget so I decided..I’m going to do this so ghetto, its not even funny. Everyone should have the following in their house: a few square plates,a couple rectangular ones, some pretty vases and a a cake stand or two.This way, you’ll always be able to throw together a “Grocery store Dessert Table” inspired party on any given day of the week!"
"Always use white plates (or glass) for the easiest design. You can add some paper to the bottom of the plates to give some color and align with your theme. Since I was going ghetto fabulous with this one, I did a Google image search for a pattern, found one I liked and literally copy/pasted it onto my computer (using keynotes/powerpoint). I made a list of what I wanted to offer as treats and set out to buy them."




Grocery list:
  1. 1 bag of large marshmallows
  2. 2 bags of heart shaped chocolates (on sale!)
  3. 2 boxes of sugared doughnuts (on sale!)
  4. 2 boxes of Oreo Cakesters (my immitation whoopie pies)
  5. popsicle sticks
  6. some mini yogurt pretzels (aka yotzels!)
  7. Mini marshmallows
  8. 6 dollar store jars (favors)
  9. Pink Mints
  10. Mini cupcake mix with frosting and cherries (FYI: my boyfriend made the cupcakes)
  11. Mini Merengues
  12. Heart shaped Cookies
  13. Some Sparkling Water
Total Cost: $40.00
"I made little labels myself and printed them straight up on regular paper. The mission was to style my table with what I had around the house. I searched for card stock (to glue my flimsy labels to) + of course didn’t have any and so… desperate times call for desperate measures. I cut up a couple old valentine’s day cards from my boyfriend (sorry jam), and used those to make sturdy tent cards. Once I had my desserts, the plates, the cake stands, drinks and my favors, I placed everything down on a table and played around until it looked right to me. There are no rules so have fun and EAT UP! ps: who said ghetto was out of style?"




So gorgeous!
Great job, Bride Scouts!

6 comments:

  1. Now THIS is fabulous! I tire of seeing all these expensive displays; the grocery store can be a bride on a budget's biggest asset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love it! It's also really good for other types of parties besides weddings. I'm gonna try it the first chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this for my daughter's baptism. Any ideas??...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, everything in this post is so perfect for a little girl's baptism. Right now it is perfect timing because you can find lots of candies in pastel colors thanks to easter season. I would probably use a little bit less of blue and a little more white on the decorations and I would also add some golds. I hope I was helpful! Good luck with your baptism celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! $40 for that desk??? I can't wait to refurnish my secretary desk with hutch. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love DIY and even better when it can be done very cheaply. I shall share this with my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips