4.29.2011

Get Kate's Look: Lace Long-Sleeved Wedding Dresses

The Images of the Royal Wedding are all over the place, and everyone is talking about the stunning lace wedding dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen that Kate wore for the big day. I really couldn’t think of a more appropriate dress for Kate!  How do you like it?

I remember when I shared this with you "Delicate-looking yet strong, and rich with history, lace is sort of like the bride herself. It covers while revealing, and can add a touch of centuries-gone-by grace to your wedding ensemble. A bride who wears lace pays tribute to a time-honored tradition." So true!

And just a few hours ago I was chatting with my Facebook friends about how I saw a few lace long-sleeved wedding dresses at NYC Bridal Market. Was it a big trend for 2012? I’m not sure. But I know one thing, after the Royal Wedding long-sleeved wedding dresses are going to be everywhere. If you want to get this look, here are a few great options.

Let's begin the lace parade with my favorite three dresses, all of them from Romona Keveza Spring 2012

The following gown is by designer extraordinaire, Oscar de la Renta. It belongs to his Spring 2012 Collection
Do you recognize this dress? I shared with you last week and I told you it remained me of my mother's wedding dress. It belongs to Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 Bridal Collection.
Let me wrap up the lace parade with a not-so-long-sleeved laced dress by the always-talented, Carolina Herrera.
Kate's photo via The Telegraph. Runway images via Weddings Unveiled

3 comments:

  1. I got married in December of 2009 and I wanted a dress with long sleeve lace, and NO dresses ANYWHERE had sleeves, let alone long sleeves. So I made them add sleeves to a sleeveless dress, and I got so many compliments! I LOVE my dress, and I can say that I had it before it was popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't like this kate dress at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips